Twelve Disciples of Jesus. Original names in bold. Wednesday 18th January 2017
- Simon Peter or Petros (Greek means Rock ) or Cephas (son of Jonas) Shi’mon known as Kefa Crucified upside down ( Kefa means Rock in Aramaic.) Worked as a Fisherman.
- Andrew (Peter’s brother) Andreas (Greek name) Grecian Jew or Grecian Gentile Crucified. Worked as a Fisherman.
- James (son of Zebedee) Ya’akov Ben Zavdai Beheaded. Worked as a Fisherman.
- John (James’ brother) Yochanan Ben Zavdai Exiled for his faith, then died of old age in Turkey. Worked as a Fisherman.
- Philip Filippos (Greek name) Grecian Jew or Grecian Gentile Crucified
- Bartholomew or Nathanael Bar Talmai (son of Ptolemy) Beaten then crucified. Worked as a Fisherman.
- Thomas (called Didymus) Tau’ma Speared to death. Worked as a Fisherman.
- Matthew (Tax Collector) Mattityahu or Levi Speared to death, in Ethiopia.
- James (son of Alphaeus) Ya’akov Stoned to death
- Thaddeus (also known as Judas) Son of James and Lebbaeus Theudas Yehuda Stoned to death
- Simon the Canaanite / Simon the Zealot Shi’mon Crucified
- Judas Iscariot (son of Simon) Yehuda Suicide
- Matthias Stoned to death
- Luke Hanged in Greece.