How To Pray
Tuesday 25th July 2017. How to pray. Written by Manashantii
There different types of prayer; see my article called “Types Of Prayer ” on this website.
These are a few of them:- A Praying Scriptures. B Praying in the Spirit. (See my “How to speak in tongues” article on this website) C Praying Spiritual Warfare Prayers. D Interceed with begging for forgiveness, begging for God to take action. Pray with passion and emotion having faith that God will answer your prayers. E Conversational Prayers. F Blessing and Praising God prayers. G Confirming God’s identity, powers and abilities.
Praying for yourself. (See number 10 on this page.)
Praying is talking to God. You begin by calling God by one of His names and titles, maybe you will address Him as your Heavenly Father. (See the lists of names for God in the links below at the end of this article.) Thank God and praise Him for the miracles he has done in your life. Ask The Holy Spirit to guide you. Speak to God, share your thoughts, feelings and worries to Him. Say anything else that is on your mind, tell Him for He is your Heavenly Father. Have faith when you ask God for something. Trusting that God will answer your request is called praying with faith. Pray trusting that God will grant your request and be fearless of what the devil can do. End your prayer by saying “In Jesus’ name, Amen”. Jesus said “pray in my name” See John 16v24
When you pray conversational prayers to God talk to God He is your Father ask to experience His love. Let go off your past and any attachments and emotional baggage. Let go off resentment and forgive those who have hurt you. Pursue God.
Pray for the following in this order :-
1. Praise and bless God and thank God for all He does for us. Confirm God’s identity, powers and abilities.
2. Pray asking for God’s forgiveness for yourself and for others. Pray forgiving your enemies.
3. Pray prayers against attacks of the enemies. (Spiritual Warfare Prayers)
4. Pray for Unsaved souls and unbelievers of every religion.
5. Pray and forgive your Enemies and bless them.
6. Pray for Weak or Sick people.
7. Pray against environmental disasters, wars, poverty and any other social problems.
8. Pray for people on your prayer list.
9. Pray for Family and Friends.
10. Pray for Leaders of all religions, Christian Preachers, Pastors and Teachers.
11. Pray for your church, churches in general and persecuted Christians.
12. Pray for Government and Authority
13. Pray for Myself (see above= Praying for yourself)
YOU CANNOT PRAY FOR THE DEAD because they have passed on from this life.
An example prayer from The Holy Bible
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Christians also use The book of Psalms in The Holy Bible as a guide to pray. The most commonly used and memorised Psalm is Psalm 23 v1-6
1.The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
2.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters.
3.He restores my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Amen.