Psychologies. Written by Manashantii Tuesday 22nd March 2016
A. Biological Factors = Nature which is =Genetics = this means your biological nature.
B. Experiential Factors and or Environmental Factors / Social environment which is = Nurture which is = Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychiatry = This means exploring the way you have been nurtured in your life.
- 1.Psychologist is a Psychology Graduate. Psychologist is a graduate who studied the of Science of Mind and Behaviour, developmental psychology, relational psychotherapy and Statistics. A psychology graduate is an academic and not a practitioner.
- 2. Clinical Psychologist uses Therapeutic treatment through scientific assessments of mental well being, talking therapy and educated in mental illness, neuroscience and neurology.
- 3.Psychotherapist uses Therapeutic treatment through communication also educated in mental illness, neuroscience and assessment skills.
- 4.Psychiatrist is a qualified medical doctor who has also scientifically studied mental illness, neuroscience and behaviour science with the medical element of prescribing pharmaceutical drugs. Psychiatry also explores Nature and Nurture and uses The Medical Model as well as talking therapies.
- 5. Counsellor (Counselling) is a trained Listening support and who has a professional befriending relationship with his or her client. The counsellor may have very little or no knowledge about mental health and mental illness.
- 6. Creative Arts Psychotherapist is a trained Arts psychotherapist who uses the arts or an art form to therapeutically assist the client.
- 7. Body-centred psychotherapist uses massage, movement, breathwork, and or dance to therapeutically treat the client. This can be good for disabilities, trauma and sometimes after completion of long term talking psychotherapy. Manashantii