Psychologies. Written by Manashantii Tuesday 22nd March 2016
A. Biological Factors = Nature which is =Genetics = this means your biological nature. Your nature is the part of your personality or internal character that cannot be changed.
B. Experiential Factors and or Environmental Factors / Social environment which is = Nurture which is = Psychology, Psychotherapy and Psychiatry = Nurture is your learned behaviour.= This means exploring the way you have been nurtured in your life. Traumatic experience(s) can cause your mental health to decline for the worse. Your nurture can be changed by external factors.
- 1. Psychologist is a Psychology Graduate. Psychologist is a graduate who studied the of Science of Mind and Behaviour, developmental psychology, relational psychotherapy and Statistics. A psychology graduate is an academic and not a practitioner.
- 2. A Clinical Psychologist is a psychology graduate who has specialised in a post-graduate course in Clinical Psychology. A Clinical Psychologist uses Therapeutic treatment through scientific assessments of mental well being, talking therapy and is educated in mental illness, neuroscience and neurology.
- 3. Psychotherapist uses Therapeutic treatment through communication is also educated in mental illness, neuroscience and assessment skills.
- 4. Psychiatrist is a qualified medical doctor who has also scientifically studied mental illness, neuroscience and behaviour science with the medical element of prescribing pharmaceutical drugs. Psychiatry also explores Nature and Nurture and uses The Medical Model as well as talking therapies.
- 5. Counsellor (Counselling) is a trained Listening support and who has a professional befriending relationship with his or her client. The counsellor may have very little or no knowledge about mental health and mental illness. As the counsellor studies and or work with clients he or she develops knowledge regarding the problem or situation; this is called experiential learning. The more clients and experience the counsellor gains the more they perfect their experiential learning. In a productive counselling situation both client and counsellor grow in knowledge, experience and social skills.
- 6. Creative Arts Psychotherapist is a trained Arts psychotherapist who uses the arts or an art form to therapeutically assist the client.
- 7. Body-centred psychotherapist uses massage, movement, breathwork (Breathing techniques), and or dance to therapeutically treat the client. This can be good for disabilities, trauma and sometimes after completion of long term talking psychotherapy especially for sexually abused or raped clients who have healed and moved on to some extent. Manashantii