Books In The Holy Bible
Books In The Holy Bible. Sunday 2nd November 2014
The Holy Bible is filled with so much information. The bold typed are New Testament books.
1.Wisdom / Poetic books in the Bible are Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Songs Of Solomon. Psalms are poems songs and prayers.
2. Government and Historical books are Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1st Samuel and 2nd Samuel, 1st Kings and 2nd Kings, 1st Chronicles and 2nd Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts.
3. Law / Torah/ Pentateuch= The first 5 Old Testament books are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
4. Instruction and Laws books are Leviticus especially. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
5. Prophecy books. Major Prophets :- Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation.
Minor Prophets :- Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi. See also :- Matthew chapter 24 and Matthew chapter 25
6. New Testament Books written by Paul :- –Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon
7. New Testament books not written by Paul:- Hebrews, James, 1st and 2nd Peter, 1st, 2nd and 3rd John, Jude and Revelation.
8. Paul’s Letters = Romans, 1st Corinthians and 2nd Corinthians , Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1st Thessalonians, 2nd Thessalonians, 1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy, Titus, Philemon,
9. General letters = Hebrews, James, 1st Peter, 2nd Peter, 1st John, 2nd John and Jude.
10. Matthew, Mark and Luke are synoptic gospels they include many of the same stories and follow a similar sequence.
11. Gospels = Matthew originally written to the Jews, Mark originally written to the Romans, Luke originally written to the Greek and John originally written to the world
12. The early church = Acts (The Acts Of The Apostles)
13. Teaching books= Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon.
14. Genealogy of Jesus’ mother Mary (maternal ancestral lineage) is in the book of Luke 3v23-v38. Genealogy of Jesus’ Earthly father’s lineage (Joseph) is in the book of Matthew 1v1-v17
I got this from carm.org (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry) an article called “Old Testament Books” written by Matt Slick
Click the links below to see the articles.